I love nothing more than digging for new ideas, tips, trying out products and seeing results. But when you can essentially make a better product from home, which takes a couple of minutes and it doesn’t break the bank then surely this is a win win situation!
This is my homemade coconut scrub for your face and body – I want to share with you this easy recipe.
I’ve been using this as a face and body scrub for a few weeks, and I LOVE it. Since moving over to the states the first beauty product I purchased was coconut oil and I’m a huge fan! Literally it gets used for EVERYTHING. It’s used as my facial and body moisturiser to deep conditioning my hair. I can already notice a huge difference in my complexion. Combined with brown sugar this scrub does a great job as naturally exfoliating and the oil leaves my skin feeling super-hydrated and soft.
Coconut oil helps with dry skin, dry lips, improves your complexion by giving it a healthy glow and protects your skin against infections as well as being a great make-up remover!
Salt scrubs are sometimes dangerous to your skin as the size of the grain can cause microscopic tears. Since brown sugar has smaller particles, it is gentler and safer. Brown sugar can also be used as an exfoliator on your face or for sensitive skin because it is softer than regular sugars. However, it is also strong enough to scrub away dead skin cells and make way for the healthier, radiant skin to show through.
Now you know why this scrub is good for your skin, I know you’re dying to find out how to make this wondrous product?!
- brown sugar
- solid coconut oil
- Extra additions (vanilla extract, essential oils, etc.)
- You can also use plain white sugar and olive oil if you would rather. But I prefer the smell of coconut nut
- Mix together the sugar, coconut oil, and any extra additions until the mixture looks creamy
- You may use a food processor, but don’t let it process too long or the coconut oil will melt and the mixture will separate. If this happens, just put it in the freezer for a few minutes to solidify and mix again.
- Store in an airtight container. Lasts for weeks. Maybe months. If it’s stored in the shower, you may have the same problem with separation as the coconut oil warms. Just stir it around with your finger before using.
Let me know how you get on 🙂 Happy mixing ;)!