I knew as soon as we hit midnight on NYE the first quarter of this year would fly by… and it’s because we are on countdown for our love cubs arrival! We completed our baby registry, which was an eye opener (cannot believe how much you need for a little baby!) I will share the list we currently have, as I really struggled to know what to pick! I felt like myself and my hubby walked round Babies R Us in a daze. Thankfully my friends here in Houston have been soooo damn helpful! That has kept me from panicking!
One of my friends is due 8 weeks ahead of me, and another 6 weeks… so at least they can pass on their wisdom! It may be early to think about this but I wanted to be prepared in advance, and because we haven’t started decorating the babies room I needed something else to focus on. SO here is a list of things I found online on what to pack for your hospital bag which I will be doing ASAP just to check that off our list! I’m not sure about everyone else, but I decided not to waste money on buying a bag just for this hospital trip, but using one I have! I do have the cutest diaper bag… which I will write about soon!
If you have any tips, or advice on what I’m looking to pack in bag please feel free to reach out and help me! I’ve maybe not said this enough but I’m CLUELESS!
For Baby Girl:
- Coming Home Outfit including hat
- Car Seat (including car seat cover already fitted in car)
- Swaddle Blanket
Bottle of champagne and medal?! wait no that’s not practicable?!
- Pajamas Paja
- Slippers or flipflops for walking around hospital
- Robe – I’ve been researching one – any advice?
- Hair Ties
- Toiletries – shampoo, hairbrush, toothpaste, tooth brush, deodorant, face wash, lip balm, lotion – some women bring make-up but I can’t help but feel this will be least of my worries! Plus, in this situation I would rather just enjoy the beauty of birth, opposed to caring how my face looks!
- Coming home outfit – leggings and sweater with comfortable shoes
- Phone Charger – I want to make sure I have battery on my phone to take beautiful pictures! And my ipad which have movies already downloaded and ready to go!
- Snacks – cereal bars, nuts, caramel m&ms haha they are a must
- Nipple Cream
- Boppy – to help with breast feeding
- Nursing bra – any advice?
- Insurance information – ID, insurance health card and any hospital forms
- Depends underwear – I’ve been recommended these
Now question, what about the mans bag?! Is he forgotten about in all this?! I’ve decided to put together a little bag for him!