Y’all I have been addicted to eating banana bread with my afternoon cuppa and today I decided to bake my own and stop sending money on store bought ones! Baby cub got her 2 month injections this morning so after screaming the doctors surgery down she is now passed out, so what better time to quickly make some!
I used to bake all the time with my gran, and she used to always say make sure you organize yourself first before baking. So that’s exactly what I did, I took time to set everything up, and lay it all out just to make it easier and obviously make sure I have the correct ingredients.
So what ingredients are needed?!
- 2 or 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 large beaten egg
- 1 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 Teaspoon of vanilla extract
I also added in a cup of crushed walnuts and coconut flakes
And how I did it…
- Preheat oven to 350F and butter bread loaf pan (don’t want it sticking)
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until smooth. Stir in the butter
- Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour
- Pour everything into your buttered loaf pan
- Bake for 50 – 60 minutes or until you put in a knife and it comes out clean
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for a couple of minutes
- Remove from pan and let it cool completely before serving!
- ENJOY – mine tasted DELICIOUS!
Leave a Reply