Okay, as we are all no doubt feeling the pain of lock down, missing our usual lives and trying to get used to this new ‘normal’ I decided to try out the ‘easy’ recipe I saw on Daily Mail, and all you need is THREE ingredients!
1 litre of chocolate ice cream (I used chocolate cookie dough)
200g of self-raising flour
100g of chocolate chips (or like me 100g of buttons)
Here are the instructions!
1. Take the ice-cream out of the freezer about an hour before you begin, to allow it to melt and reach room temperature.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and grease and line a 1 lb loaf tin.
3. Pour melted ice-cream into a large bowl and stir well. Use a metal spoon to fold in the flour, a third at a time, and finally mix in the chocolate chips.
4. Tip batter into the prepared tin and bake for 45 mins, until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool in tin before turning out. It will keep for four days in an airtight container. (Unlike me… I tried to tip it out instantly … oops)
Enjoy and let me know how yours turns out!